Friday, July 21, 2006

Deception and accountability

As I mentioned in a postscript to my last post, my contact inside The Club's finance department has informed me of possible dubious transactions from club bank accounts to an as of yet undisclosed offshore recipient. This development is highly alarming, since the club has strict rules governing the use of its funds for representation and 'other' means.

Because of the graveness of this incident I have, on the club's behalf, assembled a committee to investigate the possibility of fraud and/or indeliberate wrongdoing from our representatives' side. Heading the committee will be the highly esteemed Mr. Reed, of treatise fame.
I am fully confident in the ability of those involved to resolve this disturbing matter in a swift and ruthless way, delivering what we all want - someone to assume full responsibility and subsequently submit for retraining to the club's internal behavioural modification system (i.e. electroconvulsive shock therapy and feature-length propaganda films).

For reasons hopefully understandable by all, my moral indignation knows no limit. Not only do these heinous acts undermine the moral values and general soundness that is the hallmark of this club, they also create a formidable opportunity for our more verbal antagonists to attack us, and rightly so. This display of self-righteousness and cowardice is worthy of every notch of disdain and condemnation. The words betray me, I am so aghast.
It is therefore I implore you, unknown assailant: Strap on a fucking pair of balls and take it like a man, you gutless scum.

Don't you realise that this is exactly what they want? Those who are opposing the enlightenment of the many, those who are trying to erode and hinder critical thinking, those who take every chance they get to discredit us. I who thought one of the primary purposes of this club was to act as a counterforce to them. I cannot comprehend your thoughtless betrayal. Why did you do it? Why?
The committee will see to it that you get what is coming to you. That is my only comfort in this darkest of hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home